Melbourne Chancellor’s Scholarship
The Melbourne Chancellor’s Scholarship is an exciting opportunity for very high-achieving students. As a Chancellor's Scholar, you will be guaranteed a place in the graduate program of your choice at Melbourne.
We hope the program will further broaden your horizons and allow you to fully embrace the challenges and excitement of undergraduate study at the University of Melbourne.
The Melbourne Chancellor’s Scholarship is available alongside the following undergraduate degrees at Melbourne:
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Biomedicine
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Design
- Bachelor of Music
- Bachelor of Science
Benefits of the Melbourne Chancellor’s Scholarship
- HECS student contribution exemption for the full duration of a Commonwealth Supported Place in a bachelors degree course and a concurrent diploma course
- Living allowance for the standard full-time duration of the bachelors degree course and concurrent diploma course with a value of:
- $5000 per year for students who studied in Victoria
- $10 000 per year for students who studied outside Victoria
- Melbourne Global Scholars Award of up to $2500 for an approved period of overseas study as an Exchange or Study Abroad student
- An accommodation place arranged by the University close to the Parkville campus in quality accommodation for the first year of study. The offer does not include the cost of accommodation.
- Guaranteed Commonwealth Supported Place in one of the professional masters degrees for students who meet the prerequisite course and entry requirements for the masters degree. Some exclusions apply.
- A 50 per cent tuition fee remission for the standard full-time duration of a bachelors degree course
- Guaranteed International Full Fee place in one of the professional masters degrees for students who meet the prerequisite course and entry requirements for the masters degree. Some exclusions apply.
- You must complete an Australian Year 12 or the International Baccalaureate (IB) in Australia in 2016, or
- Be an Australian citizen and have completed Australian Year 12 or the IB outside Australia in 2016
- You must either enrol immediately or be granted a deferral in the year following Year 12
- Have applied for a University of Melbourne course for commencement in the year following completion of Year 12 or IB via VTAC,
- Have achieved an ATAR of:
- At least 99.90 for students with a VTAC preference for a University of Melbourne bachelors degree
- At least 99.85 and an audition score of A+ for students with a VTAC preference for the University of Melbourne Bachelor of Music
- At least 90.00 for students of Indigenous Australian descent*
- Not have been awarded results in a degree course at a tertiary institution in Australia; and
- Satisfy the prerequisites for your nominated course
* The status of Indigenous Australians must be confirmed by the Murrup Barak Melbourne Institute for Indigenous Development.
Entry requirements for the Melbourne Chancellor’s Scholarship
The Clearly-in Rank is the lowest score at which students were granted entry in 2017. i
The Clearly-in Rank should be used as a guide for entry. It is not set in advance and may vary from year to year. The Clearly-in Rank is determined by the number of places available, the number of applicants listing the course as a preference and the academic achievement of those applicants.
You must achieve the minimum ATAR (if indicated) to be considered for entry to this degree. The Clearly-in Rank may be above the Minimum ATAR, depending on the demand for the course and the number of places available.
About the guaranteed place in the graduate program of your choice
No minimum GPA is required in your undergraduate degree. However, you may be required to meet course prerequisites and other requirements for specific courses, such as an interview.
Note that some exclusions and conditions apply.