Graduate Certificate in TESOL
The Graduate Certificate in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) is designed to provide specialist training in this field. It will develop and extend your understanding of the theories and practices that underpin it. This course will prepare you to:
- Gain recognition with the Victorian Institute of Teaching as an accredited TESOL teacher in Victoria
- Analyse and communicate an understanding of the nature and form of language as a system
- Critically evaluate and explain the application of current methods for teaching English
- Manage language curricular and resources which are culturally and linguistically appropriate
- Understand critical issues in TESOL research, methodology and assessment
- Understand the nature of research in second language education.
Successfully completing this course will make you eligible for 50 credit points towards the Master of TESOL, as well as other masters courses.
Indicative total course fee:
Typical course fee for 2018:
The typical course fee per year is calculated on the basis of one full-time year of study (1 EFTSL). If a course duration is less than one year, you will pay the indicative total course fee. Actual fees vary depending on the subjects you are taking. The University reviews fees annually. The indicative total course fee is based on typical subject enrolments, and includes an indexation of 5% per annum. More information about tuition fees.
If you have completed post-secondary study, you may be eligible for credit/advanced standing towards your studies at the University. Find out more.